Make your own free website on






What are Braces?

Braces are a set of "wires and brackets" use to straighten teeth.  A dentist who specializes in braces is called an "Orthodontist".  When your teeth are not lined up properly it is called a "malocclusion".  There are different types of malocclusions. Below are some pictures to show you the different types of malocclusions.


Other types of bite problems that orthodontists can fix.


What some of the other "appliances" that orthodontists use to straighten teeth look like.


Other places to learn about Orthodontics

American Association of Orthodontists